6.10.11

Ceramics Class

I'm taking pottery classes again. I really look forward to each class, but always leave feeling a bit frustrated. As a beginner, you have to have different expectations of what is possible, but I haven't made one piece yet that I feel content about. The shape, size, evenness, colour and behaviour of the glaze all have to come together. There are many steps to completing a single piece and many things can go wrong (a messily run studio makes things even more difficult!) Anyway, here are a few pieces I brought home with me:

Rice bowl. Should be more red, but came out rather dark.

I like the shape and character of this one, but it's a bit heavy
and the glaze has pinholes and came out too brown.
Cute and chunky rice bowl. A bit small. A bit crooked.









































































Actually...they all look nicer in the photos than in real life! Believe me, they are very amateur, but that's to be expected. Maybe one day...

1 comment:

  1. I love these bowls! So nice to have all different ones at the table. NICE WORK

    ReplyDelete